Friday, January 16, 2009

Marking my Spot (lift's leg)

Gonna start my own little blog to document how I go from being out of shape to ripped and shredded. Stay tuned. It's going to be one helluva ride!

The Basics.
Six foot tall male. Started out in 2000 at 297 lbs. Went on the Atkins diet and lost 110lbs over the next 2 years. Over the past 6 years I've gained about 60 of that back. Today I top the scale at 252 lbs and am starting a journey to get down to a lean, ripped 185 or whatever the scale ends up at. As long as I'm lean and ripped I don't care what the scale reads.

To do this I will be eating low carb, lifting weights and doing high intensity interval training. When I get closer to goal I will make some changes and probably start some sort of cyclical ketogenic diet.

I've been at induction level carbs since the beginning of the year and feel my body is well adjusted to using fat as fuel. So next week I will start counting my calories and we'll get the ball rolling.

While the "official" blog roll out isn't until this Monday I'm going to start posting my meals today.

8:20
3 eggs (fried in butter - all my eggs will be cooked in butter)--2c
4 oz cooked suasage--0c

1:00
1/2 c cubed turkey breast in salad with shredded cheese and 3 tb caesar dressing--4c
I don't count the carbs in my lc veggies. It wasn't eating too many of those that made me fat.

5:30
5 pork cutlets--0c
2 pieces low carb pizza--7c
I used this recipe with different toppings



In addition, today I've had 2 TB coconut oil and 1 TB fish oil. As well as my vitamins, which I'll list someday.

Total carb count=13

I have a family get together over the weekend and need to get busy making my low carb food to take along. I'm making meatballs to take. Along with those I'll bring meat sticks, cheese, protein shakes, Just the Cheese chips, almonds/mac nuts and pork rinds. Not the best, but it should keep me from eating a bunch of brownies and other junk.

On a side note, it was -34 last night. That's air temp, not wind chill. It set an all time record low. Brrr.

Wulf Man out.

No comments:

Post a Comment