Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Week Begins

Monday.

9:00 - 6 sausage links, 3 fried eggs

12:00 - 6 sausage links, 3 fried eggs

3:30 - 1oz macadamia nuts, 4 small slim jims

5:00 - 8oz cheeseburger, 1oz macadamia nuts

8:30 - summer sausage, 2 string cheese

2 quarts water, 2 cups coffee, 2 diet sodas

This Friday, which is the first day of May, I'm giving up my morning coffee and all diet soda. I've toyed with the ideas before, in fact, back in 2000 when I started Atkins I stopped drinking coffee and felt good doing it. I replaced it with a quart of water in the morning, which I still have. But at some point I made the decision to add coffee back into my diet. Since coffee has been shown to raise insulin levels and keeping insulin levels stable is the basis for a low carb diet, well, it just makes sense to cut it out. In fact Atkins says to nix the caffeine.

I've been drinking 2-3 bottles of Diet Rite soda every day too and while it doesn't contain caffeine, I'm sure it keeps the sweet tooth alive. It's got to go. I'm going to clean up my diet a bit too. Less processed meat. Fewer nuts. More water.

No comments:

Post a Comment